This Privacy notice was drafted in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), effective 1 July 2021, and to ensure lawful processing of all personal information.
Who we are:
PE FM is a Christian radio station.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Business information
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- For you to express your view and opinion on air
- Send messages to loved ones
- Advertise your business
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- By third parties sending messages on your behalf
- Third parties wanting to advertise your business on your behalf
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Act on your request to read your message
- Advertise your business
We may share this information with:
- Legal Team in the event of customer complaints
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We keep your information for as long as it is required by SARS (Law). We will then dispose your information by shredding / recycling.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to PE FM. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request PE FM to correct or supplement any of your personal data which PE FM will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. PE FM will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting PE FM from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at PE FM if you wish to make a request.
Name: Rellton Baarends
Address: 108 Burt Drive, Cotswold, PE
Phone Number: 041 364 3496
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at PE FM.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za